This position oversees creative resources for the 2D department. Excellent communication skill is required as the Creative Resources Manager is responsible for mentoring their team and fostering strong relationships with artists along with being their advocates, 2D board, Creative Directors, production, engineering, and operational departments.
The Creative Resources Manager should also have an excellent understanding of The Mill’s work and creative history, strong organizational, tracking and planning skills and a commitment to providing our clients an unrivaled experience.
The Creative Resources Manager should not only be responsible for the safeguarding and development of our artist’s talents/careers, but also show continuous improvement in working with all departments, especially Production and Engineering, in order to optimize operations efficiency.
• Work closely with CG and Design schedulers to ensure that Creative Resources are acting as a single cohesive unit.
• Work conjunctively with the 3D CRM to ensure unilateral decision-making is taking place and to optimize scheduling as a whole.
• Engage in early bidding and planning with producers to identify talent needs, scheduling and strategies.
• Works with scheduling teams in Chicago, New York and London.
• Work with artists, leads, producers and senior schedulers to ensure jobs are on track and efficient whilst continuously measuring bid resources against budgets.
• Intimate understanding of capacity, internal resources as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities and problem solve.
• Guarantee excellent client service from all members of the team to maximize repeat business.
• Maintains an accurate Freelance & Rental forecast.
• Ensure Freelance Artists are utilized appropriately – on the right projects, at the right price, with attention paid to controlling cost whilst maintaining quality.
• Provide support for artists by monitoring working hours, artist satisfaction and managing holiday requests and DOILs.
• Manage DOILs and holidays while ensuring smooth running of the department and facility
• Pro-active liaison with all HODs to ensure technology and resources (artists, machines, suites) are being optimized to the fullest.
• Pro-active Liaison with Talent/HR on talent recruitment, freelance payroll, etc.
• Represent 2D Creative Resources in any high level conversations with Production.
• Schedule large jobs that require intricate planning or big picture foresight. Work with producers and schedulers to ensure the right talent is on the right job.
• Develop Creative Resources protocol and best practices.
• Maintain a structure for multiple schedulers to work together in the same area.
• Problem solve autonomously and escalate when necessary.
• Work alongside Sr. EP to understand, maintain and develop director, client and artist relationships.
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
• 3 - 5 years creative resources management experience
• Production and/or agency experience preferred
• Excellent project planning and scoping skills
• Ability to manage, develop and retain talent
• Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
• Experience working with and using scheduling software
• Responsive and flexible to ever changing needs and environment