The Mill EP is a senior management position and is primarily an external, client facing role, requiring a high level of numeracy, excellent interpersonal skills, an in-depth understanding of the wider industry and the key business drivers and the skills and experience to drive and build current and new client and talent relationships. The EP must have an excellent understanding of The Mill's strategic goals and be instrumental in delivering increased sales and encouraging greater bottom line profit. The EP must also have a close working relationship with the Senior EP and other EPs and an in-depth understanding of The Mill‘s production pipeline in order to maximize the use of resources in managing and executing projects, ensuring that we take full advantage of all client opportunities and that Mill projects run on time and on budget.
In conjunction with the Senior EP and EPs, the EP will play a significant role in devising and delivering the strategic plan to target the top clients and drive an increase in revenue streams.
The EP will manage the communication and project workflow with our reps, Senior EP, EPs and COO to ensure effective planning and co-ordination regarding the bidding and execution of projects.
The EP will also work alongside the Senior EP and Head of Production to enable the Production team to foster a collaborative way of working and provide leadership and mentorship that promotes the company culture.
• Highly proactive in the winning of new business
• Development and management of strategic plan to win new business including clients and accounts to be targeted by The Mill and defining client specific strategies to win business Network with agency, production company and editorial clients in order to spot opportunities and liaise with the Head of Production, EPs, Managing Director, COO on future sales strategy
• Research and source new and up and coming directing/creative talent. Keep abreast of our competitors talent and projects and forward plan for quiet periods through a sales and marketing plan
• Manage communication with the HOP, Senior EP and EPs to ensure good communication regarding sales and the successful hand over of jobs between The Mill offices
• Maximize revenue and utilization of The Mill Chicago by having an overview of the work going through each site and encouraging effective scheduling and efficiency of resources.
• Monitor the satisfaction of existing clients and ensure that they continue to use The Mill
• Develop and maintain an 'ear' to the market and disseminate relevant information to the production team and key staff at The Mill
• Work with our reps to help define potential clients, sales/marketing opportunities and PR exercises both on a short and long term basis
• Ensure the most effective use of resources and drive the highest end creative work with effective production and delivery of projects to budget and time
• Promote the advancement of new Mill offerings both internally and externally (Mill+, Beam cross platform content, volume/relationship driven workflow etc.)
• Attend industry events
• Plan and set budgets, manage negotiations and quotations with key clients. As such the EP will be instrumental in delivering increased sales and margin and achieving set targets
• Oversee quotations and sales pitches with clients as necessary with more junior members of production
• Ensure the most effective use of the company’s technical, creative and personnel resources to deliver a successful and profitable outcome on all projects undertaken
• Drive and manage the highest end creative work with effective production and delivery of projects to budget and time
• Supervise and ensure quality control on all projects and give feedback when required to appropriate personnel
• Ensure that quality standards and good working practices are met on all projects undertaken
• Ensure that we optimize Group resources by liaising with other offices to identify and implement work share opportunities, taking responsibility to drive success in these projects
• Liaise with the Production team to optimize the use of outsource providers to ensure we are cost effective in our projects
• On a regular basis, meet with heads of other Mill departments to share and promote progressive production practices
• Mentor the junior members of the department
• Weekly and monthly oversight of revenue/freelance/workshare/outsourcing targets
• Weekly WIP meeting to track progress of projects vs. Bid / Budget
• Create and deliver financial reports for the Management Board as required
• Work to help deliver the correct discount levels and deliver all projects on track